Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Why is nappy hair (black people hair) not used in its natural form anymore?

Many black people are making their hair appear smooth and straight (like non-blacks). I would just like to know the various reasons why. thank you.Why is nappy hair (black people hair) not used in its natural form anymore?
People that say it's 100 times easier to manage are LIARS! Is it easy having to keep straightening your hair? Having to keep perming your hair? Having to keep dying your hair? Having to keep weaving your hair?they say that as if their hair is natually straight and shiny! That's a cop out, they just can't admit that they feel non black hair is better! It's easy for me to get my hair twisted, and not have to touch it for the next three weeks! It's easy for me to get my hair braided and not have to touch it for a month! It's easy for me to pick out my fro, and go about my day! I USED to perm and weave my hair, and I can honestly say that natural hair is easier to deal with!Why is nappy hair (black people hair) not used in its natural form anymore?
Not all black people have nappy hair. We live in a very mixed socierty, So blacks tend to have very diverse hair textures. There are white people who's hair is just as frizzy and nappy.





I have naturally silky curly hair so does my daughter, my son's hair is curly, but his hair has a courser feel to it, Is that that you call nappy?





My hair is more managable strait, so I do use a flat iron to keep my hair straight at times.











Peace
Just easier to manage, that doesn't mean that black people don't wear their hair natural. Also, you have those who are teased about it as well, so I can see why some will change their hair from natural to relaxed. It is seen as bad and some suck into that bs; I just feel bad for my 9 year old niece. Natural and teased for it. People are assholes.
1. maybe they don't like dealing with their natural hair


2. maybe they think straight hair is prettier than natural hair


3. maybe they wanna be white.








I'm 17, and i have natural hair, so does my mom and little sister. I don't think i'll put chemicals in my hair to make it straight, i don;t want to go bald when i get older...
this is a generalization. because not all blacks have nappy hair. i am black and my hair is curly. so you need to stop the generalizing. if your hair is nappy that is your hair not everyone elses so thank you and dont talk for all blacks because you havent seen all of us
It's easier to handle. Mine is super curly and thick, not as much as black people, but it's harder to take care of like that. When I straighten it, it's more manageable.





Mine! I want YOUR opinion!


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
First of all ';nappy'; is an offensive racist term created to degrade us. Our hair is tightly curled, anyway my hair is natural I see plenty of black people wearing natural hairstyles.
Take Silver Dragon's answer: hate for their own ';ugly'; hair


Add it along to ashley's ';answer';: an excuse to cover up the self hate





There you go.





Oh and **** you to anyone who calls black hair ';silly.';
Well I'm 70% ';black'; and I don't have kinky hair myself, I have a wavy hair texture. Contrary to popular belief not all black people have ';nappy hair';.
%26lt;----------i like mine natural thank you
%26lt;---- that's my natural hair and only brainwashed people or racist refer to our hair as nappy.
Why are you a uneducated fool...?
%26lt;----awaits the because its more manageable answer.





Ashley didn't miss a beat....Lmao!!!!!!
Thanks for triggering a topic for white racist, well done!!!
hey... my hair is STILL natural! I have NEVER permed my hair!
it's 100000000 times easier to manage
I wear my hair both ways. I like variety.
i keep my hair in braids or natural.
Because, this question is old.. and now you're going to trigger off all the white people who love this topic so they can bash us blacks.. well done.





ATLEAST, we don't get lice anyways.
they want to be white or asian because they look better
Why do people care so much about what black people, esp. black women, do with their hair?
my hair is straight. i just don't like blacks with nappy hair, it just looks silly. plus, i can comb my hair without pulling it out and suffering from extreme pain.





besides, hair styles don't belong to races. anyone can have any kind of hair.





have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment