Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Do hair straighteners work on black people hair?

I have very course hair, I usually keep my hair in braids and perm it every soo often, It is shoulder length and although the roots are straight the ends are very kinky. (great for afro puffs, but nothing else) I wanted to know if a wet to dry straightener would work on my hair. I am somewhat aware that it tends to dry out hair but I have to grease my hair on a regular basis anyway. I am considering buying an ionized one from walmart. Any personal advice and/ or website would be of help. ThanksDo hair straighteners work on black people hair?
First of all honey... NEVER EVER straighten wet hair. I don't know if thats what you meant in your description, but it is well worth it to know that little piece of advice. Now, yes straighteners do work very well on african american hair. If your hair is that coarse, I would suggest using a special cream for straightening to smooth out those kinks. Try the Let's JAM Heat Styles straightening cream... its about $5 at a local Walgreens. And also, invest in a ceramic straightener, they work wonders and don't damage hair. Hope this helps...Do hair straighteners work on black people hair?
Yes, my friend also used my straightener. You have you put the settings on your hair type. My hair is really fine so I have to put it on a low temp. Also get a ceramic one, they are less llikely to ruin your hair.
If you've never straightened your hair before you want to have a good experience and not a hair fiasco that you will regret. Find out some of the best ethnic salons in your area or if you're in a small town or rural area find the largest city with the best salons and educated stylists closest to you. Have someone with the best experience and education in the field do your first relaxer and make sure they know that you've always worn your hair natural and you need them to explain every little thing they're doing so you will learn how to take care of it.
yes they do. try blow drying your hair when you get out of the shower and then straiten it. unless you would want to save u your money and then buy that $100 straightener. my friend has that and it works perfectly for her.
Get GHD straightners, best for ANY types of hair. I wouldn't straighten the hair when it's permed curly because it would damage it as your hair is probably quite dry for the perms anyways.





I have alot of friends with black hair that can straighten it. =) x
ok. get this stuff its called 911. its leave in conditioer. use it 4 3days stright and after that every other day%26lt;helps with the kinkyness%26gt; my hair isnt that course. but strightners DO work. jus dont over use them. to get the roots, use a strighing comb. but DONT use it right after u grese ur scalp. it will melt the grese and burn the **** outta ur sclap. wash ur hair once a week with anit-breakage shampoo%26lt;like protein pro-v in the brown bottle%26gt; also..dnt put the strightner too hig..it will frizz the **** outta ur hair
yes my black friends use my hair straighteners all the time and it works on them
In my professional opinion yes straighteners work on any type of hair. Just remember to get a high quality straightener because most don't get that hot enough to straighten crap. The one you are getting is a good brand for store bought. Remember to always use a protective spray or cream when straighting your hair it helps keep it in the best shape possible. Good luck have fun.-L
yes they work just the same as they do on white people.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\鈥? \\\\\\\\\
  • hair pieces
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment